One in Four Chronic Health
We would like to announce Molly’s Fund’s newest program,
One in Four Chronic Health!
The One in Four Chronic Health mission is to be a voice for patients living with chronic health conditions. We do this through, education, advocacy, and policy at the local, state, and federal levels on issues such as health care access, treatment and medications.
One in Four Americans is living with a chronic health condition. These conditions include, but are not limited to: arthritis, asthma, diabetes, heart disease, stroke, cancer, HIV, hepatitis, autoimmune conditions and mental illness.
We were founded in the spring of 2013 with the goal of giving a voice to people living with chronic health conditions in Oregon and Washington. We recognized the need for a chronic healthcare collaborative, a single organization coordinating with our partners, to ensure access to treatment and medication and help create god health care policy.
One in Four is the descendant of the Northwest Patient Education Network, which was created in June of 2012 by BJ Cavnor.
Chronic Illness by the Numbers
- 133 million- American living with Chronic Health Conditions or 45%of the total population.
- 7 out of 10- Deaths in America are due to Chronic Health Conditions
- 56%- The average number of people living with Chronic Health Conditions who receive preventive care.
- $1.3 trillion- The estimated current economic cost to the economy.
- 4- The leading preventable causes of Chronic Health Conditions; smoking, lack of exercise, poor diet and excessive alcohol intake.
Everyone has a story to tell, we help you to find your voice.
To contact BJ Cavnor, please email him at email@example.com or visit the One in Four webstite at http://www.1-in-4.org