Thank you for your interest in joining our team!
MOLLY’S FUND POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Executive Director of Molly’s Fund Fighting Lupus (Molly’s Fund) is responsible for the management and leadership of Molly’s Fund in alignment with the mission, goals, and strategic direction set by the Board of Directors. Other key duties include sustainable growth and financial health of Molly’s Fund, fundraising, marketing, and community outreach.
Directly supervises the Development Director, Development Assistant, Digital Marketing Manager and Operations Coordinator.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees within guidelines of Board requirements; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The Executive Director reports to the Molly’s Fund President, the Board Executive Committee and the Board of Directors, who provide general direction. Performance is reviewed through conference and reports with emphasis on the effectiveness of attaining Molly’s Fund mission and goals.
The Executive Director is a full time 1.0 FTE position.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHERS
The Executive Director communicates on a daily basis in person, by telephone, and in writing with Molly’s Fund staff, funding agencies, foundations, donors, the Board, volunteers, non-profit agencies, and/or the general public to provide or request information and respond to questions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Board Governance: Works with the Board in order to fulfill the Molly’s Fund mission, goals and strategic direction.
• Leads Molly’s Fund in a manner that supports and guides the mission, goals and strategic plan as defined by the Board of Directors; and
• Communicates effectively with the President and the Board providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions;
• Reports to and works closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the Foundation throughout the nation region and community; and
• Manages the Molly’s Fund organization, Board and committee meetings.
Mission and Strategy: Works with the Board and staff to ensure that the Molly’s Fund mission and goals are fulfilled through development, marketing, social and digital media, client assistance and education programs, strategic planning and community, regional and national outreach.
• Implements Molly’s Fund’s programs that carry out the mission, goals and strategic plan;
• Conducts strategic planning and implementation to ensure that Molly’s Fund can successfully fulfill its mission and goals into the future;
• Enhances Molly’s Fund image by being active and visible in the community, region and the nation and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations;
• Serves as Molly’s Fund spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public; and
• Establishes and maintains relationships with various organizations and develop those relationships to strategically enhance Molly’s Fund mission, goals and strategic plan.
Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of Molly’s Fund.
• Raises funds and develops other resources necessary to support Molly’s Fund mission, goals and strategic plan;
• Submits to the Board a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition and fiscal integrity of Molly’s Fund; and
• Operates and fiscally manages the Molly’s Fund organization within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of Molly’s Fund in a positive financial position.
Operations: Manages and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the Molly’s Fund organization are appropriate.
• Administers all Molly’s Fund operations – development, client assistance and education programs, strategic planning and community, regional and national outreach, marketing and communication efforts and social and digital media;
• Recruits, hires and retains competent, qualified staff;
• Establishes employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of Molly’s Fund;
• Leads key direction setting and strategic development goals;
• Develops, nurtures and maintains relationships with funding agencies, corporations and foundations; and
• Other duties as assigned by the President, the Board Executive Committee and the Board of Directors.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent working experience;
• 5 or more years of senior management experience in a nonprofit sector;
• Transparent and high integrity leadership;
• Knowledge of current community, regional and national challenges and opportunities relating to the Molly’s Fund mission;
• Solid, hands-on, budget and financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting;
• Strong organizational experience including planning, delegating, project management, client assistance and education, program development and task facilitation;
• Ability to convey a vision of Molly’s Fund strategic future to staff, Board, volunteers and donors;
• Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector;
• Skills to collaborate with and motivate Board members and other volunteers;
• Strong written and oral communication skills;
• Demonstrated public speaking ability in all media
• Skill in diverse volunteer and donor group engagement;
• Skill to direct, manage, motivate and collaborate with staff; and
• Knowledge of all state and federal laws applicable to nonprofit sector organizations including: employment standards, human rights, occupational health and safety, charities, taxation, employment insurance and health coverage.
General, office setting. Work requires irregular hours including, weekends, holidays, nights, and travel for job-related purposes.
Please submit your resume and writing sample to [email protected] by April 20, 2015.
$55,000 – $65,000
At this time there are no other current job opportunities available, but our company is always growing so please visit again. In the meantime, check out our Volunteers page to learn how to get involved nonetheless!